Availability: In Stock (36 packs)
Manufacturer: Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd. / Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
Erythromycin is an antibacterial drug that belongs to the macrolide group. Designed for system use.
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|60 pills||$0.61||$36.43||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.54||$6.34||$54.64 $48.30||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.50||$12.68||$72.86 $60.18||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.47||$25.35||$109.28 $83.93||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.44||$44.37||$163.93 $119.56||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.43||$63.39||$218.58 $155.19||ADD TO CART|
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|30 pills||$1.13||$33.80||ADD TO CART|
|60 pills||$0.88||$14.75||$67.59 $52.84||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.80||$29.49||$101.38 $71.89||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.76||$44.24||$135.18 $90.94||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.72||$73.74||$202.78 $129.04||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.69||$117.98||$304.16 $186.18||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.68||$162.22||$405.55 $243.33||ADD TO CART|
Instructions for use
Erythromycin is an antibiotic from the macrolide group that has a pronounced antibacterial effect. Instructions for use report that 100 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg tablets are effective in infectious pathologies. According to doctors, this medicine helps in the treatment of tonsillitis, acne (acne).
Release form and composition
Erythromycin is available in the following dosage forms:
- Enteric coated tablets are 100 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg soluble in the intestine.
- One tablet of erythromycin contains 100, 200, 250 or 500 mg of active ingredient.
Erythromycin, when ingested, breaks the bonds between amino acid molecules, blocking the synthesis of bacterial proteins. The systematic use of the drug provides a pronounced bactericidal effect.
Treatment with Erythromycin or its analogues is prescribed for diseases provoked by gram positive bacteria and some gram-negative microorganisms. Antibiotic resistance is shown by most gram negative bacteria, fungi, mycobacteria, medium and small viruses.
What helps erythromycin? Indications for use of the drug are infections of bacterial etiology:
- uncomplicated chlamydia;
- trachoma, whooping cough;
- primary syphilis;
- pneumonia in children;
- gonorrhea, amoebic dysentery;
- tonsillitis, otitis media;
- tracheitis, youthful acne;
- erythrasma, diphtheria;
- sinusitis, cholecystitis;
- listeriosis, a disease of legionnaires;
- brucellosis, scarlet fever.
The medicine is prescribed for the prevention of streptococcal infection in patients with rheumatism. With an allergy to penicillin, it is an antibiotic reserve.
- hearing loss
- lactation period;
- liver failure;
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- simultaneous administration of astemizole or terfenadine.
Erythromycin is able to penetrate the placental barrier, entering the blood plasma of the fetus, where its concentration reaches 5-20% of the concentration in the mother’s blood.
How to use
Take inside. A single dose for adults and adolescents over 14 years old is 250-500 mg, the daily dose is 1-2 g. The interval between doses is 6 hours. In severe infections, the daily dose can be increased to 4 g.
- Children from 4 months to 18 years, depending on age, body weight and severity of infection – 30-50 mg / kg per day in 2-4 doses;
- Children of the first 3 months. life – 20-40 mg / kg per day.
In case of more severe infections, the dose may be doubled.
- For the prevention of septic endocarditis in patients with heart defects – 1 g for adults and 20 mg / kg for children, 1 hour before the treatment or diagnostic procedure, then 500 mg for adults and 10 mg / kg for children, repeatedly after 6 hours
- For the prevention of streptococcal infection (with tonsillitis, pharyngitis), adults – 20-50 mg / kg per day, children – 20-30 mg / kg per day, course duration – at least 10 days.
- With gonorrhea – 500 mg every 6 hours for 3 days, then – 250 mg every 6 hours for 7 days.
- In adults, with uncomplicated chlamydia and intolerance to tetracyclines – 500 mg 4 times a day for at least 7 days.
- For preoperative preparation of the intestine with the aim of preventing infectious complications, by mouth, 1 g for 19 hours, 18 hours and 9 hours before surgery (total 3 g).
- For the treatment of diphtheria carriage – 250 mg 2 times a day.
- With pneumonia in children – 50 mg / kg per day in 4 divided doses, for at least 3 weeks. In case of genitourinary infections during pregnancy – 500 mg 4 times a day for at least 7 days or (with poor tolerance of such a dose) – 250 mg 4 times a day for at least 14 days.
- The course dose for the treatment of primary syphilis is 30-40 g, the duration of treatment is 10-15 days.
- With whooping cough – 40-50 mg / kg per day for 5-14 days.
- With amoebic dysentery, adults – 250 mg 4 times a day, children – 30-50 mg / kg per day; course duration – 10-14 days.
- In legionellosis – 500 mg-1 g 4 times a day for 14 days.
Children, during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, it is used with extreme caution as directed by a doctor. During treatment with Erythromycin, breastfeeding should be discarded.
In childhood, it is used in accordance with the recommended dosage.
With prolonged therapy, it is necessary to monitor laboratory parameters of liver function. Symptoms of cholestatic jaundice may develop a few days after the start of therapy, however, the risk of developing increases after 7-14 days of continuous therapy.
The probability of developing an ototoxic effect is higher in patients with renal and hepatic insufficiency, as well as in elderly patients. Some resistant strains of Haemophilus influenzae are susceptible to concomitant use of erythromycin and sulfonamides.
It may interfere with the determination of catecholamines in the urine and the activity of hepatic transaminases in the blood (colorimetric determination with the use of definyl hydrazine).
Negative actions are extremely rare. Prolonged use of the medication can cause the following adverse reactions: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, jaundice. Perhaps the development of allergic reactions. Long-term use of erythromycin leads to the development of antibiotic resistance of pathogenic microorganisms.
Where to buy Erythromycin
Erythromycin is a popular antibiotic that copes with infectious diseases. To buy Erythromycin, many consumers choose an online pharmacy as it is convenient and profitable. For example, this online pharmacy elitemedshop.com offers customers ongoing discounts and promotions, as well as non-prescription drugs.